The Resource Guarding Guide
Are you afraid of your own dog when it comes to resources like food, toys, or even certain areas of the house that your dog protects?
Have friends or trainers told you to re-home your dog due to it's behavior?
Has the advice you've been given before not worked, or even made things worse? A common "solution" to resource guarding is the "swap" method. Give your dog a higher value item and trade them for whatever object they are guarding. Seems to make sense, right? Except all you are actually doing is REINFORCING the guarding behavior. Think about it: the dog is growling or guarding something, then you show up with a high value reward and technically reinforce the behavior by rewarding the act of guarding.
We see it all the time, and so many of our clients come to us still struggling even after following such advice to no avail. Resource guarding is a behavioral problem that millions of dog owners struggle with. It can quickly turn your amazing pet into a terrifying occupant of your home, and nobody should live that way with their dog. Especially when there are solutions out there that actually work!
I have rehabbed thousands of resource guarding dogs that were literally destroying their families lives. After the proper training and the right methodology, these dogs are back in their homes, safe, happy and enjoying life. It does not take years, months, or even weeks to accomplish this either. Many of the dogs I have worked with stop resource guarding in their very first session. I have a tried and true solution to this problem, and I can't wait to share it with you.
The Resource Guarding Guide Teaches the Following:
- How to address your dog's state of mind
- How to read your dog's body language
- How to teach the "out" command and actually STOP guarding behavior
- How to become a true leader to your dog
- How to incorporate structure and boundaries within the home
You probably found this page because you are struggling with a dangerous or potentially dangerous dog that guards possessions, and it's really causing stress within your home.
But it doesn't have to be that way...
Imagine if you could stop resource guarding altogether and get that level of trust back with your dog. Imagine not having to worry about what or when your dog might guard an object. I know it's not fun for anyone having to live on edge like that all the time.
If you're ready to take control of your house again AND build a healthy relationship with your dog in the process, then the Resource Guarding Guide is for you.
Hi, my name is Jeff Gellman, owner of Solid K9 Training. I've been training dogs for over twenty years, and I also hold dog training seminars around the world. Throughout my career, I have worked with tens of thousands of dogs and humans, and I know firsthand how lack of training can affect the quality of life for both ends of the leash. Between my free social media content, virtual one-on-one work, seminars, and in-person training, I have kept countless dogs in their homes who were on their last chance.
I have always wanted to find a way to help EVEN more families and their dogs. There is such a need for dog training that works, and so I created this course. My Resource Guarding Guide series addresses the most common dangerous behavior clients come to me for-resource guarding! Believe it or not, I've seen dogs guard anything from the food bowl, to their humans, to tiny little sticks on the ground. Dogs can guard ANYTHING, and it's not always just food or toys. That's why it can sometimes be a confusing issue for some people, but I have seen this behavior so many times, and I am confident this course CAN and WILL help you.
This simple and easy-to-follow video series will get you on the path to a safer dog and a better life with your pet for the long term. You'll finally be able to live life with your dog exactly as you imagined, and getting there doesn't have to take forever.
With this course, you will receive my step-by-step video training on how to STOP resource guarding. It covers everything you need to know including how to run your household and become a leader to your dog. Resource guarding is often a symptom of a lack of boundaries and rules within the home. So I go into full detail on how to address the foundations of your relationship with your dog, too.
You'll also receive the following BONUS material:
-How to muzzle condition your dog - $50 value
-How to choose and fit a prong collar video -$50 value
-How to set up your remote collar video -$50 value
-Muzzle conditioning -$100 value
- Q: What if my dog's breed is supposed to guard, will this take away my dog's need to be protective?A: EVERY dog of any breed can learn to stop resource guarding from its owner(s). I believe a dog that guards from its own family is a dog that is lacking leadership. Incorporating boundaries, rules and structure will only strengthen your relationship with your dog, and it will not "change the dogs personality" like most people are led to believe.Q: Will my dog be able to be trusted again?A: Your dog's capabilities lie in the work you put in. Dog training is a never-ending process and should be kept up with/improved upon throughout the life of the dog. Your dog should always have structure in its life and be held accountable for behaviors, as one training protocol is not a band-aid for lack of leadership overall.Q: What if my dog isn't food motivated?A: You do not have to use food for this training at all. You can use anything the dog deems valuable like toys if need be.Q: My dog doesn't listen to a thing I say!A: Your dog will learn to take direction if you follow the protocols in the video series.Q: What age does my dog have to be for this training?A: Dogs 16 weeks and older can benefit from this training, In fact, I recommend you start them out with training sooner rather than later.Q: Do I have to use a remote collar and/or prong collar?A: The training tools you decide to use are entirely up to you. However, if you are struggling with an intense resource guarder, I do suggest a remote collar, a prong collar, and a muzzle for this program.Q: How long will I have access to this course?A: You'll have lifetime access to the course. Once you purchase it, it's yours!Q: What if my dog has no prior training?A: Your dog can be totally "green" with zero skills and still make incredible progress with this course.Q: What if I don't know what size collar to buy?A: There is a BONUS feature included that will show you exactly how to measure and fit a prong collar for your dog.The Word on the Street:"My corgi used to be a HORRIBLE resource guarder (they're kinda known for it.) Well, one session [of Jeff's videos] and she has never done it since, and it's been about 4 years." -Michelle S."Our cocker spaniel used to do this (resource guarding) with everything. Even got bit a few times. Implemented your teachings and now have a completely different dog." Kelly G."I stopped my foster dog from resource guarding...over a year later owners have not had a single issue- thank you to your content for showing me how!" -Alisha B."I am obsessed with the amazing work you do!!" -Jenna H."Thank you for all your educational content, Jeff. We rescued a euthanasia listed pittie mix and have come so far with your podcasts and videos. We tell everyone we know about you!" -C. WoodHow does this work, what do I need to do to get started?
- Click the "join" button to purchase
- Be sure to open the email that is sent to you after your purchase to set up your account
- log in to your account, click on "programs" and you will see all of the videos to the series "unlocked" and ready to view.
Imagine where you could be a week from now without the constant anxiety and fear of what your dog might guard next. Imagine owning a dog that respects you as much as you respect it. Imagine having a dog that is no longer a liability due to its behavior.
When you sign up for my Resource Guarding Guide, this CAN be a reality for you, and it can happen much sooner than you might think!
Due to the digital nature of this product, there will be no refunds after purchasing.